Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Alcohol Awareness Week

The Peace Corps wants us to start an alcohol awareness week so I am one of the lucky ones that gets to head it up in UB. Yay me!  I’m a sub-warden.  Hannah, who I love, is the warden.  She has a lot contacts so I said that I would head up the essay and poster contests.  They seemed easy to organize and my counterpart, Tamira, helped me a lot.  I felt bad for her because I had to have her translate so many things into Mongolian.  We are also doing this a little late but for the first ever alcohol awareness week I don’t really care.  On Thursday next week (10/16), we are having a get-together at my school with an alcohol documentary, activities, a band, and food.  We will also announce the winners of the contest.  We got two sponsors (because the Peace Corps certainly didn’t give us any money) - Khas Bank and the American Embassy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment