Saturday, June 26, 2010

Meat and Clothes

I hand washed my clothes last week and let me tell you... it is a chore!  I got two blisters on my fingers.  I will never take a washing machine and dryer for granted again!  And believe it or not - I still cleaned them faster than my sister does laundry!  (Just kidding Brandy!)

I also tried the dried meat.  I do not like jerky in the states, except for slim jim.  My mom came home eating it and I told her I didn't like it.  She said she loved it!  I was eating my dinner and she brought me another plate of pasta.  I asked if the dried meat was in it and she said no.  I took a bite and almost started to throw up.  I just sat there with my hand over my mouth and my mom was laughing (bc the meat was in there).  They were like, "It's ok, It's ok.)  I thought I was going to puke!

My pics:  There are some of a cultural thing we had during training with the horse violin and dancers.  The older man is the u.s. ambassador for Mongolia.  The oboos are religious things that you have to walk around 3 times and throw three rocks on.   The red building is the hospital where my mom works.  There are other pics of our town.  It was made by the Soviets so it is very plain.  Some of the buildings have nothing in them but trash.  We went out to the Soviet Air Force base and took pics.  There are also pics of my ger, my outhouse, the dog and our house - compare it to the size of the houses in the U.S. - it's crazy! There are also pics of the yak getting killed and skinned.  The pics that look like a big city are another site where we went to get our shots.  I felt like I was in NYC!  There are also a lot of landscape pics because I think they are pretty.  I also milked a cow for the first time.  It was weird feeling and I don't really want to do it again. My older sister usually milks them.  I posted a pic that shows all the bugs on my ger and my sister's friends that sleep on our floor.  The house is really small.  Our town is really small but yesterday we found a salon and my friend Cassie got her haircut.  We also found a hoosher restaurant (it is like a Mongolian empanada).  My beer I bought last night - Old Czech - it was warm but not too bad.  I would really like it if it was cold.  There is another pics of us playing cards last night in Alyssa's ger.

Hope you enjoy!  Here is the link:  http://www.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2225482021/a=151443402_151443402/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/


Love you and miss you,
M

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! the skinning...I don't know if I could have handled that. Just seeing that makes me want to become a vegetarian. Poor pup..doesn't have much a leash to run around. :( I like your ger! So colorful inside.

    ReplyDelete