Sunday, June 6, 2010

Training

We arrived in Ulaanbaatar around 10 o'clock at night and were welcomed by a line of current Peace Corps volunteers.  (Now I know how football players feel!)  We took a bus to another town which is about 45 minutes away.  It is a pretty big town.  We are in dorms right now until Thursday.  I am with 3 other girls.  We had some meetings today and then a tour of the town.  It is a little run down but it is cute and the people are so nice.  For breakfast, we had mash potatoes (yay!), toast, buckwheat and sheep sausage.  I didn't eat much of the sausage.  For lunch, we also had sheep and rice.  We did go to a market today that has fruits and vegetables but they said it was nicer because it is so close to the capital.  I will be with my host family on Thursday and we start getting our shots on Wednesday.  We have 3 rounds but the people didn't know what were getting *we have to talk to the doctors.  Our group is really nice.  Everyone is really friendly and we all have traveled and have a lot of the same interests.  There are also a lot of jugglers. 

Here is a link to the pictures I have taken so far:  http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2225482021/a=151443402_151443402/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/


Well I will hopefully talk to you soon.  Thanks for reading my blog. 

~Mindy

P.S. I also would like to give a big shout to Pauline for designing my blog!  Thank you so much!

5 comments:

  1. Mindy rocks my soxs off... love Danae. This whole creating an account thing sucks. It was too hard for Joanne's intoxicated brain, so I (Danae) had to figure it out. Let Joanne know what you really need. Luv ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds pretty easy so far! I don't know about those shots though! I hope it goes well with the family. You're the best! Love ya! and Dylan says "Wow."

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. ajorad is andrea radford. don't know if you'd recognize the "jo". Can't wait to hear more. Aren't you proud of me for figuring out this blog thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy...the pictures of the landscape are beautiful. I am not so sure about the animal head though! :) I am so proud of you...can't wait to see and hear more about your journey! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...your welcome!!! So glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete